Too often, covered riding arenas are aesthetic duds: stark steel structures with no character or aesthetic appeal. Fortunately, today’s builders are designing functional indoor riding arenas that are a pleasure to regard. DC Building creates stunning wood structures that will last for generations. We can match your riding arena to your home’s exterior. What’s more, we can include feed storage, tack rooms, stables, and wash areas. We can even add living quarters to your riding arena.
Here are a few advantages of having an indoor riding arena on your property.
Benefits of Indoor Riding Arenas
• Ride any time of year, regardless of weather conditions. An indoor riding arena is a must-have for serious riding competitors. But non-competing riding enthusiasts also love being able to ride at any time.
• Why limit yourself to riding in daylight? An indoor riding can be outfitted with indoor lights, to allow for nighttime rides.
• Horses enjoy peak health and performance with consistent, year-round training.
• Friends and family can enjoy 365 days of healthy, fun riding together every year.
• Temperature control keeps the riding experience enjoyable.
• Protect your horses and riders by carefully controlling the footing. With proper drainage and materials selected according to equine biomechanics, trotting around your indoor riding arena will be a pleasure for your horses as well as your family members!
• Include sound absorbing materials, for a peaceful riding experience for people and horses alike.
• Proper ventilation will keep the arena cool. Some of our riding arena designs feature open sides, which creates excellent circulation.
• Cupolas and skylights can deliver stunning natural light.
We build indoor riding arenas across the country, in all manner of environs. In the Pacific Northwest, our customers love being able to ride in the wet, dark winter. Down in the south, our Texan clients appreciate being able to ride even when the sun is blistering hot. No matter where you live, a covered riding area offers many benefits.