“Did you grow up in a barn?” For kids growing up in barndominiums, the answer to this question is a hearty, “Yes!” Barndominiums are barns with living quarters attached. In some parts of the country, such as Texas, many homeowners prefer barndominiums to conventional homes. Indeed, in certain communities, barndominiums, or barndos as they are affectionately called, are more popular than traditional houses.
Barndos may feature stalls, workshops, living quarters, and storage areas, all under one roof. Some barndominium owners delight in waking to the sound of horses whinnying for their breakfast. Others use the extra space for in-home workshops. And many open up the large barn area for social gatherings.
Why are barndominiums so popular? Here are a few attractions that Texas barn builders can offer by building these modern barns with living quarters.
Benefits of Barndominiums
- Quick Construction. Barndominiums can often be built in a fraction of the time required for traditional homes.
- Bang for your Buck. Barndominiums tend to be more cost-effective than conventional houses as well. Indeed, barndominiums may be half as expensive as traditional homes! This is partially due to the metal construction that’s commonly used to create barndominiums. Barndo owners may use the money they saved on construction to add a pool, an airy kitchen, or other luxury features.
- Exceptional Energy Efficiency. Oftentimes, barndominiums feature foam insulation that’s sprayed in for a uniform layer of thermal protection. Compared to conventional fiberglass insulation, foam insulation tends to be far more energy efficient, making many barndominiums extremely energy efficient as well.
- Flexible Space Use. The metal framing of most condominiums allows owners to locate walls wherever they’d like. The external load-bearing metal walls do the heavy work, so there are few or no restrictions on where internal walls may be placed.
- Enjoy a strong connection to nature with the luxuries of modern construction. There’s nothing like country quiet to bring peace, tranquility, and self-discovery. Many barndominium dwellers are city transplants looking for a place to enjoy nature in comfort. Barndominiums fit the bill perfectly.
In general, barndominiums often feature soaring interior spaces. Many builders focus on an industrial style, with exposed metal and beams. Here at DC Builders, we have enough expertise in the barndominium field to offer customization to our clients. We can design and build your barndominium to match your personal style. Call us today to learn more.